Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

{surprise}


I have been horrible at writing on this lately, but there have been some major updates in my life that I should fill you in on. Since, most of the people that read my blog are my family and close friends, you all know that I am engaged! yeah! Some of you may not know how this engagement took place so I will give you a quick overview of how it happened. I went down to Arizona with Matt for the month of August to help him move into his new house that he had bought and to spend some much needed quality time with him before he started Dental School. We both started school on August 30, so he told me he had a surprise in store for my birthday (the 29th). He took me to the Waldorf Astoria's Arizona Biltmore, designed by one of my favorite architects, Frank Lloyd Wright. It was such a great surprise and he even scheduled the most AMAZING facial for me at their spa. What a sweety! We ate dinner at one of the great restaurants there and when we came back to our room he popped the question, on one knee! :) Of course I said YES! We spent the rest of the night drinking champagne and swimming in a few of the 7 pools at the resort. It was such a wonderful surprise and I am so lucky to have found Matt! We are both very excited and I am loving planning the big day. So far we have decided on the venue, La Caille in Sandy, Utah; and that it will be on the evening of August 7th. He will be in Utah this month for over a week and we plan on doing our engagements as well as the food tasting up at La Caille than! Thank you to all of my great friends and family that have been so excited and supportive during this time in my life! It means so much to me, and I can't wait for you to celebrate our big day with us!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You're engaged????!?!?!

meg said...

yes. SURPRISE!