Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

{gratitude}


I think that too often people forget all the things they have to be grateful for.
I know that personally I sometimes dwell on things I have no control over
and let that get me down.
However, I am more and more realizing that I have an amazing life,
full of amazing people and opportunity.
Occasionally I write a list of things I am grateful for
and have come to find how inspiring it is to do so.
These are a few things I am currently grateful for however small they may be:

A hot shower and clean water to drink.
A warm bed with freshly washed sheets.
My faith in God, that I know can get me through any hard times.
A wonderful family that supports me and always loves me.
My obsession with Nail Polish....as silly as it sounds it is always a sure way to cheer me up.
The ability to read whatever books I want to read and believe what I choose to.
My sweet fiance, who is always making me smile.
The ability to go to the grocery store and buy food to cook for dinner.
A glass of wine with good friends and great conversation.
The beauty of a sunny spring day and how it can completely change your outlook.

This life is a beautiful thing.
We should all spend more time recognizing the little things that make it so worth living!

No comments: